and Digital FM
Building Information Modelling, or BIM, saves time, reduces cost, and improves site safety at your facility by capturing and managing high-quality building data. PMC provides digital twin value by working with your team to commission BIM data in order to meet your organization’s needs.
PMC reality capture data can be used immediately without special software tools. Using reality capture to create information models is invaluable for design, construction, and facilities management teams as they visualize facilities for design and maintenance purposes. Accurate 3D model information optimizes planning, design, project management and maintenance stages of building and plant life cycles.
PMC can assist with the first critical step – scope definition. There are many processes and levels of service to consider ensuring we include the right level of information in the digital twin to suit your team needs and goals. With a clear understanding of your teams needs, PMC develops the plans for site work and modeling. Often, scanning and reality capture is the first step, especially when little to no accurate facility information is available.
Now more than ever, virtual teams collaborate using digital twin data in the cloud. Asset BIM models containing building elements allow building owners to perform remote safety checks across multiple sites. Shared models create a single source of digital truth, ensuring everyone has consistent access to the same models and information, eliminating redundancy. Information models allow building stakeholders to be more agile, transparent and efficient.
Benefit of quality BIM data in Architecture and Engineering Design
- Efficient collaboration with structural and mechanical engineers.
- Communication with the client through 3D visuals.
- Design control and reduced design errors.
- Better documentation and cost control.
- Reduced errors and omissions in the construction phase.
Benefit of Quality BIM Data in Construction
- Cost and resource savings.
- Greater efficiency and shorter project lifecycles.
- Improved communications and coordination.
- More opportunities for prefabrication and modular construction.
- Higher quality results.
Benefit of Quality BIM Data in Facilities Management and Operations
- BIM Provides More Accurate Capital Planning.
- BIM Enables More Effective Collaboration Amongst Teams.
- BIM Helps Streamline Maintenance & Repairs.
- BIM Leads to Reduced Energy Waste & Carbon Footprint.
- BIM Supports the Future Role of Facility Management.