3D Laser Scanning is replacing manual measurements like
Computer Aided Design (CAD) replaced the drafting board.
For the past decade, PMC has been utilizing the latest Laser Scanning technology and workflow to create 3d CAD models. PMC first applied the technology as a design productivity solution for General Motors. Currently PMC is working closely with multiple major manufacturers and technology providers such as Autodesk and FARO.
PMC is paving the way with the use of drones in laser scanning of buildings and roof tops utilizing two types of cameras, 4k ultrahigh definition and infrared. Operated by a certified pilot, this is the newest technique in assessing building deterioration and energy loss.
Terrestrial (Facility) Laser Scanning
In the industrial world of today, the factors aimed at speed to market and reducing costs are critical. By engaging in laser scanning for analyzing the specifications of your facility, working project deadlines can be met consistently, the amount of risk involved will be lowered, and costs across the board will be reduced. This is accomplished by using a single task force to capture the facility specifications, and on the following day 3d data of the area can be delivered to the entire team in any location.
Just how powerful is this type of scanning? And how many square feet can be covered in a day? Under normal conditions, 50,000 square feet can be covered per day, though this may vary depending on the complexity of the environment being scanned.
Benefits of Terrestrial Laser Scanning
See for yourself:
- Simple data collection prevents disruption to operations
- Quickly and accurately create point cloud of layout
- Easily convert point cloud data to 3d CAD models
Laser Scanning and 3D Layout Demonstration
We have experience in all aspects of the automobile and manufacturing industries and can measure and scan everything from small detailed parts to full complete vehicles. PMC is the premier provider of 3d laser scanning systems and services, assisting companies in completing even the most intricate reverse engineering, inspections, and analyses.
Benefits of 3D Parts Scanning
- Reverse engineering capabilities and quality inspections
- Efficient and accurate results
- Compile complete measurement data of the surface of any object
- Perform verification, ensuring that all parts match CAD design
- Validation of tooling, even if no current model exists
- Reveal interferences and inaccuracies using profile data and digital construction
- Easily compare CAD model and physical part with Color Mapping
Color Mapping and Quality Inspection of a scanned part
For more examples of what PMC can do for your company, please visit our YouTube channel.
Why Scan with PMC?
In addition to having a wide range of expertise and trained professionals, we also are:
- Industry leaders with years of experience
- Data-capture-capable with the FARO Focus3D Scanner
- Able to convert scanned point cloud data to 3d/2d CAD Models at competitive prices
- Ready to provide support from our dedicated team of experts in training, mentoring, and maintenance
Learn more about facility laser scanning and parts laser scanning.
- Watch the scanning process from beginning to end
- Learn about the technology
PMC is also happy to assist you with FARO laser scanning hardware and related software, as well as your Autodesk software purchases that integrate fully with the point cloud data.
Please contact us today if you have any questions regarding laser scanning with PMC or any of our other solutions.