The most powerful, capable, and easy-to-use 3D simulation software, FlexSim lets you model—and improve—existing and proposed systems. FlexSim comes packaged with ExpertFit, the industry standard in distribution-fitting software. With simple drag-and-drop controls, FlexSim enables you to place objects and resources directly into a 3D environment, and it is fully integrated with the OptQuest engine.
Key Features of FlexSim
- Robust standard objects. FlexSim includes a standard object library, with each object containing pre-built logic and task execution to mimic the resources found in real-world operations. FlexSim objects are defined and programmed in four classes: fixed resource class, task executer class, node class and visual object class.
- Logic building tools. The logic for a FlexSim model can be built using very little or no computer code. Most standard objects contain an array of drop-down lists, properties windows, and triggers that allow the user to customize the logic required for an accurate model of the system. FlexSim also includes a flowcharting tool to create the logic for a model using pre-built activity blocks.
- Drag-and-drop controls. Users can build the model by dragging and dropping predefined 3D objects into a “model view” to lay out and link the model. Experienced users also have the option to specify and modify object parameters and behaviors using FlexScript and C++ programming languages.
Areas of Application
As its name suggests, FlexSim is flexible, general-purpose simulation software with a wide range of applications.
- Manufacturing: Fabrication, assembly line, job shop
- Material handling: Conveyor systems, AGV, packaging, warehousing
- Logistics and distribution: Container terminal operation, supply chain design, distribution center work flow, service and storage layout
- Transportation: Highway system traffic flow, transit station pedestrian flow, maritime vessel coordination, custom traffic congestion
- Others: Oil field or mining processes, networking data flow, and more
PMC provides consulting, installation, training, implementation, and support services for FlexSim. Contact us today for more information or to request a quote.
- White Paper: Pitfalls of Simulation Modeling and How to Avoid Them by Using a Robust Simulation Methodology
- White Paper: Proper Management Techniques are Keys to a Successful Simulation Project
- White Paper: Simulation Methodology — A Practitioner’s Perspective
- White Paper: A Uniform Methodology for Discrete-event and Robotic Simulation.
Get to know more of our services
This discipline involves evaluating multiple layout and flow scenarios to design an optimum solution that meets a space requirements, reduces material handling costs, and improves throughput.
Simulation modeling is the process of creating and analyzing a digital prototype or virtual representation of a physical model or a system to predict its performance in the real world. Simulation modeling allows proposed changes to be tested, and productivity impact analysis of these changes to be performed.
A number of Industrial Engineering methodologies fall under the umbrella of Work Measurement. These include MODAPTS, Time Study, and Predetermined Motion Time System (PMTS).