3D Digital & Engineering
Siemens Plant Simulation
Tecnomatix Plant Simulation, also known as “Plant Sim,” is a discrete event simulation tool that helps you create digital models of production line systems in order to explore their characteristics and optimize their performance. These digital models allow you to run experiments and what-if scenarios without disturbing existing production systems or – when used in the planning process – long before the real production systems are installed. Extensive analysis tools, such as bottleneck analysis, statistics and charts let you evaluate different manufacturing scenarios. The results provide you with the information needed to make fast, reliable decisions in the early stages of production planning.
Benefits of Tecnomatix Plant Simulation
In times of increasing cost and time pressures in production, along with ongoing globalization, logistics has become a key factor in the success of a company. Money can be lost daily through inefficient schedules, local instead of global optimization, inefficient resource allocation, and poor productivity. The need to deliver just-in-time (JIT) / just-in-sequence (JIS), introduce Kanban, plan and build new production lines and manage global production networks requires objective decision criteria to help management evaluate and compare alternative approaches.
Capabilities of Plant Simulation
- Object-oriented models with hierarchy and inheritance
- Open architecture with multiple interface support
- Library and object management
- Genetics algorithm for optimization
- Energy consumption simulation and analysis
- Value stream mapping and simulation
- Automatic analysis of simulation results
- HTML-based report builder
PMC provides consulting, installation, training, implementation, and support services for Plant Simulation. Contact us today for more information or to request a quote.
- White Paper: Pitfalls of Simulation Modeling and How to Avoid Them by Using a Robust Simulation Methodology
- White Paper: Proper Management Techniques are Keys to a Successful Simulation Project
- White Paper: Simulation Methodology — A Practitioner’s Perspective
- Case Study: Steel Plant Simulation
- White Paper: A Uniform Methodology for Discrete-event and Robotic Simulation.
Get to know more of our services
This discipline involves evaluating multiple layout and flow scenarios to design an optimum solution that meets a space requirements, reduces material handling costs, and improves throughput.
Simulation modeling is the process of creating and analyzing a digital prototype or virtual representation of a physical model or a system to predict its performance in the real world. Simulation modeling allows proposed changes to be tested, and productivity impact analysis of these changes to be performed.
Process Designer and Process Simulate (PDPS) are hierarchical database tools that link OEM product with Bill of Process (BOP) information and Bill of Equipment (BOE) information in order to create a digital twin of your manufacturing environment.