Duration: 3+ years
The Senior Tableau Lead will manage all aspects of Tableau development while providing oversight of and guidance on data analytics and visualization. This role will ensure that support and direction for all data analytics that utilize the Tableau tool align with business and technical roadmaps. The role will also provide strategic and tactical guidance on data visualization capabilities.
The Tableau Lead will demonstrate proficiency in:
- Leadership, developing and evaluating business requirements to assist in defining analytical solutions.
- Working collaboratively with data analysts to define ETL processes that support data visualization requirements for business analytics.
- Creating and/or leading interactive stories, dashboards and visualizations leveraging Tableau.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and analyzing user requirements.
- Building and supporting data extracts required for solutions.
- Leading the creation of functional and technical documentation related to business intelligence solutions.
- Lead the Tableau reporting on an Oracle Platform.
- Lead the review and validation of the development of test data and scenarios, incorporating extensive knowledge of the Agency s business rules.
- Lead the development or acquisition of test data and initiating tests to determine the accuracy of reporting logic to produce desired results.
- Meet with users for clarification and elaboration, as necessary, to clearly define a problem and conceptualize a development plan.
- Recognize, gather correlate and analyze facts; drawing conclusions; defining problems; devising solutions and alternatives; and making appropriate recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with DBAs and Data Architects to modify logical design in order to create a physical design most suited to the customer s reporting needs.
- Lead Developers and DBAs to create and maintain design standards.
- Manage all aspects of licensing to ensure compliance with the vendor software.
- Lead the internal Tableau user group to provide a collaboration platform for all developers.
- Over eight (8+) years of continuous, focused experience in the building, customizing and publishing of Tableau interactive reports, visualizations, dashboards and stories, with 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Five (5+) or more years of progressive hands-on experience in business intelligence, reporting and analytics
- Strong experience with Tableau (Tableau Desktop accepted, Tableau Server is a plus)
Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical groups
- Working proficiency with managing complex data from multiple data sources and building dashboards
- Demonstrated ability to understand new datasets and data structures
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside your comfort zone
- Highly self-motivated to deliver, both independently and with strong team collaboration
- Tableau certifications is a plus
- Experience with various software delivery methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum, is a plus