The Automotive Quality Core Tools, also known as Quality Core Tools or just simply Core Tools are key pillars of an effective quality management system. Over 30 years ago, AIAG
The Automotive Quality Core Tools, also known as Quality Core Tools or just simply Core Tools are key pillars of an effective quality management system. Over 30 years ago, AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) and ASQ (American Society of Quality) collaborated with the domestic automotive manufacturers Ford, GM, and Chrysler now FCA to establish collective quality methods and tools, which became known as the Quality Core Tools. Other manufacturing sectors including aerospace, defense, medical, consumer products, transportation, and pharmaceutical adapted these tools over time.
Most automotive manufacturers and suppliers require use of one or more of the Core Tools. Therefore, organizations whose employees have mastered the Core Tool processes can assure their customers that the industry’s most qualified individuals are working on their behalf, and that IATF 16949 and applicable quality reference manual requirements will be met without fail.
PMC offers Core Tools Training that covers all tools including Advanced Product Quality Planning & Control Plan (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Measurement System Analysis (MSA) or provides training for each tool individually.
PMC Webinar On Understanding Core Tools: https://youtu.be/rg9B6Ujwo2U
Additional PMC Quality Services:
Quality Assessment & Road Map – PMC’s assessment and roadmap methodology is based on 25 years of experience in conducting productivity and quality measurement and process improvement projects. Our repeatable methodology involves two distinct phases: https://bit.ly/3m4339L
- Assess business processes: What are the inputs, outputs, resources, constraints for the processes? What are the process maps and metrics?
- Assess workforce: What are the available skillsets? What are the knowledge levels of best practices and standards? What are the expertise levels with tools and methods?
- Assess technologies: What are the IT environment, platforms, and systems? What are the engineering, manufacturing, supply chain productivity software products in use? What are
- the levels of performance, scalability, availability, security, integration?
2. Gap Analysis and Roadmap
- Perform Gap Analysis: What are industry best practices and benchmarks? What are the gaps between your current processes, workforce, and technologies and industry best practices?
- Define Strategy and Roadmap: How can you get ready for implementation? What are the roles and responsibilities? Are there specific solutions most suitable for your company? What training is required? What is a realistic implementation plan?
- Develop Business Case: How can you project and measure ROI? What are the costs and risks?
The deliverable of the assessment is an Assessment Report outlining areas for improvement. The Gap analysis is the gaps between current processes, workforce, and technologies and best practices of top performing companies with lean engineering, manufacturing, or supply chain management. Deliverable of the roadmap is a phased implementation including recommendations on software, training, and continuous improvement.
Operational Excellence – Operational Excellence is the execution of the business strategy more consistently and reliably than the competition and it is evidenced by results. Operational Excellence integrates management philosophies and methodologies to reach Excellence. However, most of its drivers are based on earlier continuous improvement methodologies, such as Lean Thinking, Six Sigma and Scientific Management. For more information click here: https://bit.ly/383yV9U
International Standards – A quality management system (QMS) is a set of policies, processes and procedures required for planning and execution (production / development / service) in the core business area of an organization (i.e., areas that can impact the organization’s ability to meet customer requirements). https://bit.ly/3oRt9Ot
Auditing – PMC offers to develop, implement, conduct, and sustain the internal and 2nd Party auditing programs https://bit.ly/3elXQqn.
In addition, PMC provides internal and lead auditor training and certification for:
- IATF 16949:2016 – Automotive Quality Management System
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health and Safety System
- ESD S20.20:2014 – Electro Static Discharge (ESD) Standard
- VDA 6.3 – German Automotive Quality Standard
Other PMC Services:
Laser Scanning & 3D Modeling: https://bit.ly/3iY6LQg
Facility Layout & Material Flow Optimization: https://bit.ly/2SgLZQ1
Parts Scanning & Reverse Engineering: https://bit.ly/3jSIM5s
Manufacturing Productivity: https://bit.ly/3ioGmd8
Program Management: https://bit.ly/2HDTA9d
Quality Assessment & Roadmap: https://bit.ly/3m4339L
More Information On PMC Can Be Found Below:
Follow our other social channels:
PMC, Your Partner In Productivity Improvement!
(Thursday) 11:00 am ET
RSVPing is closed at this time.