What is Scheduling?
Scheduling is deciding in advance when the work will be performed, where it will be performed , what kind of resources will be used and how much they will be used. The scheduling process is usually connected with scheduling systems, policies, techniques, and/or devices. In this context the scheduling process centers around:
Why Hire PMC for Scheduling Services?
- Time to perform the work,
- The machine/resource which will perform the work,
- The number of resources to be applied,
- Validation work progress versus work scheduled, and
- Monitoring and reporting.
From job shop scheduling of machines, to scheduling of workforce (or staff), and to scheduling of vehicles (or fleet) in transportation, PMC has been implementing scheduling based productivity improvement solutions for over 30 years.
PMC consulting team possesses extensive experience with various finite capacity scheduling, discrete-event simulation, and optimization technologies and software products. We have in-depth knowledge of genetic algorithms, stochastic and heuristic algorithms and their suitability to the problem at hand.
PMC's Production Scheduling offers:
- Reduced scheduling effort and cost
- Increased production efficiency
- Reduced set-up time
- Labor load leveling
- Accurate delivery date quotes
- Real time information
PMC's Workforce Scheduling offers:
- Optimized staffing levels
- Reduced customer wait time
- Improved service quality
- Higher throughput
- Improved worker productivity
- Reduced operational costs
PMC's Vehicle Scheduling offers:
- Reduced vehicle fleet costs
- Improved service level
- Reduced scheduling time and effort
- Reduced transportation costs
- Flexibility to respond to changes
In addition to our customized scheduling solutions, we also offer sales and implementation of off-the-shelf scheduling software packages to suit any need.
Preactor Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software
Preactor is the World's leading Advanced Production Planning and Scheduling software, installed in over 4500 companies in 88 countries around the World.
The current trends in manufacturing are towards lowering inventory levels to reduce costs while still being able to respond to shorter lead times to satisfy customer demand. Preactor offers a family of applications ranging from mid and long term capacity planning to detailed scheduling and is translated into 30 languages.